To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the HKSAR in 2017, the Government will organise a series of celebration events in Hong Kong, the Mainland and overseas. Community bodies, district organisations and non-government organisations are encouraged to organise celebration activities on their own so as to provide more opportunities for participation by the public, to enhance the festive atmosphere. Celebration events which fulfill the criteria set out in paragraphs 3 and 4 below may apply for accreditation for inclusion in the official Events Calendar for the 20th Anniversary Celebration.
2. Due recognition will be given to events which are accredited, as follows –
3. Applicants should be a body registered under the Companies Ordinance (Cap.622), Societies Ordinance (Cap. 151), Building Management Ordinance (Cap. 344) or other ordinances, or a reputable organisation generally recognised by the Government.
Nature of proposed activity
4. The proposed event should meet the following requirements –
Method of application
5. Please complete the application form and provide it to the Celebrations Coordination Office by mail, fax or email -
6. Applicants will be informed of the results as soon as possible after receipt of the applications. The Celebrations Coordination Office will have full discretion in deciding whether a proposed event should be accredited.
Public liability and accident insurance
7. Applicants are responsible for the safety of participants and any accident or legal consequences arising from their event. Applicants are recommended to take out public liability insurance and accident insurance for their activities.